Let us introduce you to one of the most productive cattle breeds in the world.....
WHY DO WE SAY SO.....
- Being able to keep 3 Dexters instead of any 2 large framed animals grazing on the same hectare of land
- The breed is a non-selective feeder, highly adaptable, very hardy and easy on the veld.
- Dexters have good feed conversion rates and excellent Average Daily Gains (ADG's).
- The Dexter is a dual purpose breed with exceptional meat and milk qualities.
- Dexter meat is know for exceptional marbling, tenderness and flavor.
- Dexters have a significant larger Eye Muscle Area (EMA) than other breeds, indicating more saleable meat.
- Dexters have a good temperament, making them easy to handle.
- Dexter cows have exceptional maternal instincts, taking great care of their young.
- Cows calve at a young age and have low inter-calving periods(ICP's).
- Calves are weaned at 205 days at plus 55% of the mother's weight.
- There are two recognized types, short legged and non-short. Dexters are black, red or dun.
|Thu May 02 - Bloemskou - Bloemfontein Skougronde|
|Tue May 14 - NAMPO Oesdag - Nampo Park, Bothaville|
|Fri May 24 - National Dexter and Royal Show - Pietermaritzburg|
|Sat Jun 15 - JNR Beoordelaars Kursus - Overvaal Klub|
|Sat Jul 20 - VRYSTAAT DEXTER KLUB INLIGTINGSDAG|
|Thu Aug 29 - Overvaal Dexter Skou - Willem Prinsloo Landbou Museum|